domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

Admiration and respect

Admiration and respect
I respect the people who are not afraid to make mistakes.
I respect the people who are not afraid to say what they think.
I respect the people who are themselves in spite of what others think or say.
I respect the people who are talented, energetic, and creative.
People like this, deserve all my support.
I believe in people who show enthusiasm in the things they do.
I have struggled all my life to be better, after so many years I have done a couple of things who justify the person I am nowadays. I am sorry, I am not happy with myself, I wish I could have done more. I regret I haven't used my time in a better way. I know that others have done half of what I have done, shame on them, that doesn't help me at all. I wish I were the the hard-working person my father was until he died. I wish I had the energy, the strength my mother has shown in tough times, when I thought she would not see the next day. They are my example, my light, the path I try to walk when I wake up in the morning. That's the path I want my children to walk: work, honesty, dignity, love and intellectual growth. In other words, I wish my children could fulfill some of my dreams. I want them to be the man I couldn't be; however, I don't want to impose anything on them. I'd like to be a guide for them, to show them some possible routes in life, nevertheless, it's their choice not mine, it is their life. Once I told my wife, I wish I were there every time they cry, to support them. It makes feel happy to know that, even though I might not be physically with them when this happens, my heart, my thoughts, my soul will be. All of these words, just to say that I was very moved by Mency's words yesterday. It usually happens to me when I run into young, talented people. People who struggle like me to be better. People who face a new day with optimism even if life hits them on the face. I am not good at being optimistic, but I'll learn some day. You guys, deserve my deepest admiration and respect, and even today in the morning when I drove my car in the Campus, tears ran down my face. Tears of joy, admiration and respect.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario