domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

An amazing summer

Well, summer's almost over and it's been awesome!!! Of course I'm talking about my summer course at The UASD, where I teach a group of intermediate students and a level 7th, both groups are excellent. The intermediate one has only 3 students because some of them left (vanishing syndrome). I have told some of my students that for me the summer course is more intense, maybe because we have a short amount of time. Anyway, the thing is, that I feel so satisfied with they way my students have worked throughout the summer. All along this period we have done so much, that as I looked back, it's hard for me to think we have reached this point. My level 7th has posted almost 200 messages in our blog. Writing and commenting about different topics such as: smart cars, the discovery of america, the history of yo-yos, globalization etc. All of these topics have been discussed and exposed in class. They have had the opportunity of handling pictures which have accompanied their works. We saw a play in Bellas Artes which kept people talking for quite a few weeks, not to mention Angela's wishes, but that's another story to be told out of the classroom when minors are not around. Now we are in the process of watching a movie: Rainman. As a teacher I can say that both of my classes, have been way over my expectations.

3 comentarios:

  1. Heyz!! Como dice su blog: voy a decirlo sin vergüenza y ademas en español, el punto de todo esto es que Usted como Atilane es vacano vacano (lenguaje del Lover y Enmanuel okz!) jejeje, yeah!! You are right. This summer have been an interesting stage in our life. We have been enjoying the time as if it will be the end.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi teacher, as Yharis says your blog is nice. I like it. The most amazing part for me is the title, and of course what you say in ¨An amazing summer¨. I agree with you, this class is most than I had imagined. This summer class will be unforgettable.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I agree with both of them. This has been the best summer class I've had. When I go to this class, I don't feel like going to a class because there I behave like I really am, and it doesn't mean that I don't do what I have to do in order to "gain my points". It's a relaxing class for me. Hey Atilane! Why haven't you given us this blog before? I like the colors you used. Nice blog!!!

    ResponderEliminar